Chickpea and Chicken Melt
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed well
- 1 can organic chicken, juices drained
- healthy mayo to taste
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice- optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- small sprinkle of garlic powder- optional to taste
- shredded cheese
- Turn broiler on oven to high.
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl and mash with potato masher to flake.
- Add drained chicken and shred up with fork.
- Add mayo to desired moistness, about 1/3 cup.
- Add seasonings.
- Toast whole grain bread slices.
- You can usually fill about 8-10 pieces of bread with this mixture.
- Top with sliced pickles and sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with s&p and top with shredded cheese.
- Then put under broiler until cheese is melted.